Spend this Halloween at the Campground!
If you really want this year’s Halloween to be truly chilling, gather up the kids and the camping gear and head out into the wild. We’ve got the best ideas for halloween camping and everything you need to ensure this Halloween is one you’ll never forget!
Halloween Camping Games for Kids
Aside from the usual ghost stories, make the experience extra eerie with some fun and spooky games that the kids will love.
- Glow-in-the-Dark Ring Toss: All you need is a pack of glow rings which snap at either end and a stick to toss it around.
- Glowing Eyes: Take some emptied toilet paper rolls and cut eyes into them. And then simply put a glow stick inside. The kids will have a blast scaring each other in the dark!
- Hot Pumpkin, Pass it On!: Basically, just take two or three small, pie pumpkins, and have the kids (and parents) pass it along to each other to the tune of music. Whoever is holding a pumpkin when the music stops is out. Super fun!
As an added bonus, have the kids use the pumpkins as their own canvas and draw with marker to create their own pumpkin masterpieces!
Easy Camping Recipes for Halloween
These are recipes that perfectly complement your creepy campground experience!
- Mini Donut Spiders: All you need are large pretzel twists, mini donuts, M&M’s and a little frosting or chocolate. Break the pretzels to create legs and stick them into the donut, and use the frosting to adhere the M&Ms as eyes. So cute!
- Spider Hot Dogs: To make a “Spider-Dog” simply slice an “X” pattern at each end of the hotdog. Leave a thumb’s width in the middle to insert a stick and cook over a fire. Watch as the ends curl up like legs!
And lastly, something for the parents…
- Pumpkin Keg: Scoop out a full-sized pumpkin and fill with your favourite pumpkin beer. Tap it, and you’re golden!
If you love these, check out these other easy campfire foods.
Campgrounds and RV Parks’ Halloween Events
Texas Wine Country Jellystone Park: Halloween Weekend:
Texas Wine Country Jellystone Park holds its Halloween Weekend every year. Join in planting magic pumpkin seeds, costume judging, pumpkin painting, site decorating, and trick-or-treating!
Dress in your best Witches and Warlock Costumes for the Monster Mash Dance Saturday night.
Old Forge Camping: Halloween Autumn Adventure.
Face painting, tie-dye, hayrides, pumpkin carving contest, trick-or-treating costume parade and contest and more. You’re sure to have a scare-tastic time.
Barren River Lake State Resort Park: Spookout Weekend.
There will be costume contests for all ages, pumpkin roll contest, trick-or-treating and a variety of other activities for ghouls of all sizes. Don’t miss this spook-tacular weekend!
Relax, Bookyoursite.com Will Take Care of All Your Campsite Booking Needs
Bookyoursite.com has a vast database of campgrounds across North America. No longer is there a need to visit each and every campground’s website to get information.
The BookYourSite Mobile App is a one-stop shop for all your campground booking needs.