Top 5 Best Camping Dinners With Recipes
Camping is an outdoor activity that couples, families, and individuals love to do together. While they love being outdoors, what is the biggest hassle that people often face?
It is what to cook for dinner!
Just because you are camping or are out with your RV, doesn’t mean that you have to settle for hot dogs and chips. There are tons of meals out there that are like a restaurant meal.
Plus, they are filling! And when you are outdoors enjoying all that there is to do, you want to eat foods with high nutritional values to maintain your energy.
So, what are the best camping dinners to remember for your next camping trip? We have outlined 5 of the best meals that are sure to delight everyone who eats them!
1. One Pot Beef Stroganoff
Hamburgers and hot dogs are a thing of the past when you serve this one-pot beef stroganoff! The good news, when it comes to the tools that you are going to need, all it will be is a 10” cast iron skillet!
This will take around 5 minutes of prep and around 25 minutes to cook thoroughly, for a total time of 30 minutes!
½ pound of strip steak sliced into bite-size pieces
1 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of oil
8 ounces of mushrooms that have been quartered
1 small brown onion, diced
1 ½ cup of broth, preferably beef broth
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon of thyme
½ lb of wide egg noodles
½ cup of full fat sour cream
- Prepare the food by dicing the onions, cutting the steak and the mushrooms.
- Add the oil into the cast iron skillet and get this warm.
- Add in the steak and sprinkle with the steak, brown the steak on both sides.
- Once browned, remove the steak and sit this onto a plate for later.
- Start preparing the vegetables and the noodles.
- Sauté the mushrooms for around 5 minutes, add the onions and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add in the broth, the Worcestershire sauce and thyme and mix together. Bring this to a boil.
- Once at a boil, add in the noodles.
- Once the noodles are tender, remove the skillet from the heat.
- Take the sour cream and add in some of the broth of the dish to keep the sour cream from curdling when added into the pan. Mix this into the pan and combine with the noodles and veggies in the pan.
- Add in the steak and this is ready to serve!
2. Chicken Enchilada Nacho Bowls
For those who want to add a little space to their camping trip, this dish is one that seems to go over well with everyone!
1 medium onion, cut into half moons
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 can of enchilada sauce
1 cup of canned crushed tomatoes
1 can of black beans, drained
1 teaspoon of Mexican oregano
1 canned chipotle chili
1 tablespoon of packed light brown sugar
2 cups of shredded chicken
8 ounces of crushed tortilla chips
1 1/4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups of shredded lettuce
½ cup of cilantro springs
Lime wedges and hot sauce for those who want it extra hot.
- Place the oil into the pan and heat.
- Add in the onion and sauté these until they are soft.
- Add in the enchilada sauce, tomatoes, beans, oregano, cilantro and sugar and continue to cook.
- Stir in the chicken and cook for an addition 5 minutes.
- Take the chips and divide these among the bowls that you have.
- Top the chips with the chicken mixture in each bowl.
- Add cheese, lettuce, and cilantro into the bowls, along with the lime wedges and hot sauce that you may want.
This is one of the easiest camping meals that you can prepare as it only takes a few minutes to cook!
3. Barbecued Salmon
For those who love fish, they are going to find that this campfire salmon is one that will make their mouth water! This is one dish that is great for a crowd when coupled with a fresh salad.
1 salmon fillet around 3 ½ to 4 pounds
3 tablespoons of melted butter
¼ cup of brown sugar
¼ cup of dry white wine
¼ cup of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of pepper
- Wisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, dry white wine, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, fresh thyme leaves, salt and pepper.
- Grill the salmon on heavy foil with the skin down.
- Every five minutes, brush on the glaze that was just prepared until the salmon is done, in about 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Dutch Oven Lasagna
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 ½ cups of pasta sauce
12 ounces of fresh lasagna noodles
3 cups of fresh baby spinach
1 ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- Coat the bottom of the Dutch oven with the olive oil.
- Add ½ cup of pasta sauce, then a layer of noodles.
- Add ½ cup of sage, then a layer of baby spinach and then 1/3 cup of cheese.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you are up to the top of the oven.
- Sprinkle the oregano on the top.
- Put the lid on the Dutch oven and place the hot coals along the top of the lid as well. Cook for around 30 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
5. Grilled Peach Caprese Salad
For those who may wish to eat a bit healthier while camping, there are tons of salad recipes out there that are perfect for eating while camping. Here is one favorite!
1 large peach
1 large heirloom tomato, sliced in wedges
8 ounces of fresh mozzarella
6 to 8 slices of prosciutto
Fresh mint leaves
Arugula, couple of handfuls
3 tablespoons of olive oil
3 tablespoons of balsamic reduction sauce which can be prepared before leaving for camping
Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the peace in half and remove the stone.
- Place the peach on the grill with cut side down. Remove this once charred and sliced.
- Arrange the rest of the ingredients on plates, then placed the sliced peaches on the other ingredients. Drizzle this with the balsamic reduction.
To try out these delicious camping recipes that will please everyone who goes camping, be sure that you have the perfect campsite.
You can find the perfect campsite via BookYourSite.com.
There are thousands of campgrounds and RV sites throughout North America that are found on the website or the mobile app. It is super easy to book your next camping adventure, so what are you waiting for?